1. Lose 30lbs by June 6th (my 29th birthday) -I'm totally sucking at this. If anything I think I've gained. This is NOT good. I dropped out of Weight Watchers, because I never went to meetings and I really wasn't following the program like I should have. Actions I'm taking to get this complete.... hmm Today I'm calling local gyms and dance classes. I'm going to figure out some activity I can make myself do and have fun with it. I'm also going to attach a pedometer to my hip and make it happen! I NEED THIS to happen! Look I'm like a big fat hippo coming out of the water. I look terrible in a suit
2. Manage to read 1 new book a month (I've already finished B. Letts ; Shoot the moon) - I've done a lot better than I thought on this. I've managed to get 6/8 done. Not bad considering that it takes me about an hour a chapter. I think if I do this next year though I might read non-fiction instead. I need to open up my brain again.
3. Think of myself as important - I'm finding this to be much harder these days. I was doing really well and thinking of myself as important then all of a sudden it seemed that I realized I'm just me. No one overly special, but someone with skills and determination. Then I realized I've got this one covered. I'm important to me, my husband, and my family. Really that's all that matters. I dont' know who I was trying to impress with this one.
4. Go to a movie once a month and have a Me Day. I'd almost like to do this a little more. Like twice. Once by myself and once with friends. I have however started to get my nails done, but popped them all off after a rough weekend. I'm going to get them put back on in September.
5. Buy the following items...
Property on Pine Island Fl. -Still a No, but we decided to really take the time on this decision. We're planning a trip in the fall to go and really spend some time down there and decide if that is where we want to possibly be located.
A Cheap Sports Car - I went a few weekends ago to drive a 2006 pontiac solstice. God those are beautiful cars. It was a great deal but I started to weigh my options and also had a few girls back me on making the right decision. NO, there was way more stuff that I needed in life right now than a new sports car. I'm sad I didn't take the opportunity, but it will pay off in the end.
New back door to the house Well this didn't happen but it's going to asap. I'm calling in a contractor to do it asap. I'm hoping the end of September. If he bails I'll make another call to get it done.
New Nice Digital Camera - I finally made the purchase. We were on our way to St. Thomas and I didn't want to miss anything. Plus I had a gift of 250 so I knew I could play with that money and get me something nice.
6.Reword and toot my horn in my resume & Look for and start a new job - This is awesome. I took the interview with Coca-Cola. I was really hoping to get the job, because I knew it would give me the opportunity to be able to move and still have a job. Ended up that I wasn't right for them, but only after "My Dream Job" called. Two years ago I applied for a part time possision as an event coordinator. It was only part time so I knew I was going to have to keep my job, but I wanted to give it a try. I've been dreaming of starting my own company and becoming an event coordinator but doing this would give me an opportunity to test the water. Any way after 2 years and a flight back home I got a voice mail to see if I was still intrested in the job. I about pissed my pants if you want to know the truth. I didn't want to delay. I ended up calling them on a Saturday when he called me and by Sunday I had an interview. Then another on Tuesday and finally an offer. It was a pretty good offer and it provided insurance and now was a full time position. I couldn't refuse and the big part was I had to tell my parents now that I've accepted a new position elsewhere. That was terrible, but after the building threw me a welcome party and they came along, they understood I had found my match! Check it out http://www.theohiobuilding.com/
7. Travel to a new place with my Dear Hubby - We ended up going to St. Thomas and St. John, the US Virgin Islands. It was amazing. I'd totally can't wait to go back and I'll be staying a little longer this time and hopefully have some climbing shoes on.
8. Put in a deck between house and garage Unfortunately this is put on hold again :( However, it was discussed and we are going to install a new roof and stucko our house before we do this. It will really bring the house together I think. And were going to start doing a little bit of up keep this weekend on the inside too, i.e. finally paint the living room.