Tuesday, September 18, 2007

$72.62 + Tax = New Mood

This weekend I went to Wal*Mart for my usual Saturday grocery shopping. I always tend to go through the clothes, put a few in the cart and move on. I also look at the make-up, hair stuff, and of course some of their home accents. I usually don't put them in the cart, unless they're already on the list, i.e. hair dye. It's always nice to see what and where the latest trends are going to put us.
Last weekend I feel in love with the Home Trend Pillows. I've been wanting some new throw pillows for the living room. Mine are hand-me-downs and I want something I picked. I couldn't resist but last weekend there was only 1 of the embroidered 16x16 pillow and no coordinates (but there was a spot for them). This weekend there were 3, with coordinates I thought I could work with. After much time coordinating and making mental images of our living room in my head. I realized the cart was way to small for pillow and groceries, but the pillows would look great, and they were staying in.

Therefore, my usual shopping experience for anything other than groceries for about 35 min of arrival time, turned into an hour of pillow matching. And this would be the first time I actually keep the items in the cart and put them on the check-out belt. It was exhilarating and exhausting. I was so afraid of what I might actually spend this time, since I usually can't get out of there under $100.00. Surprisingly it wasn't as awful as I thought and the DH actually liked them and thought they were pretty. My dear mother thought they were a little girlie for me (which I thought was hysterical) but thought the really added to the room. She wants me to get more. We'll see. What do you think of them?


No comments: