Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11, 2001 - Where were you?

Do you know what you were doing on 9/11?

I do, that's why my DH and I are having a candle lit dinner tonight. To remember and to appreciate our lives together. We'll do it in honor of those lost and those that are still over there fighting for others freedom. We'll do it for the loved ones no one gets to have those special dinners with until ???

And he's just going to have to suck it up. Good thing of it is... He loves me

On, September 11 2001, I didn't want to get out of bed. My Mom made me. On the way to work, I heard it. The silence on the radio and then the words that were muffled, short and confused about what was going on. I thought it was a joke or a broad cast I missed the beginning of telling me it wasn't real and it was a Hitch Cock Production or something. Everything was starting to slow down. Then as I walk into work, I didn't have to ask, the silence, the look of shook, the worried faces, and the stillness in our office told me the answer.
Later at school, I watched the televisions and went to finance class where not a one got the information the teacher was trying to give us. He could not concentrate anymore than the rest of us, dismissing class early and calling on loved one in New York.
I tried most of the day to get a hold of my boyfriend at the time to make sure he was all right. I didn't really think we were in threat here but at the same time our worlds did stop turning so who knew. I later realized that the love interest in my life wasn't concerned about my well being or me in any way but was worried about his Jr/high school sweetheart of 7 years. What took me so long to move on I'll never no. I do know now I have some one that loves me just as much as I love them and would be worried and would want me by his side.

I am truly blessed!

No comments: