Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Welcome Lent
The 40 weekdays from Ash Wednesday until Easter observed by Christians as a season of fasting and penitence in preparation for Easter.

English Folklore: Lent Top
In the Christian calendar, this is a 40-day period of penitence and self-discipline beginning on Ash Wednesday and ending with the service on Holy Saturday which marks the start of Easter. Sundays falling within this period are not counted as part of Lent but as days of normality, or even celebration, notably Mothering Sunday. In medieval times, the rules of fasting were severe: on weekdays, meat, milk products, and eggs were all forbidden, and only one meal a day could be eaten; (I will be eating no meat today and on Fridays) marriages could not be celebrated,(Funny, I don't have ANY weddings until after Easter) and couples were expected to refrain from intercourse (Yeah, NO. It's Herbie's B-day today. Pretty sure that's not going to work); dancing and entertainment were forbidden too (Seriously I'm so thankful we've become more relaxed in the catholic faith).


After the Reformation observing Lent as a matter of personal piety persisted, in milder forms, in the High Church sections of Anglicanism. The Victorian growth of Anglo-Catholicism, and the influx of Irish immigrants, made the concept very familiar; most people now are aware that ‘giving something up for Lent’ is appropriate, even if they do not do it themselves. Also You can do something to "better yourself".

Which I have done. I will be working out 20min. 6 days a week! I will have 3-4 days off next week as I have a medical procedure that might refuse this commitment, however I have set Friday of Next week to restart no matter. It's a good thing for me to give up an unhealthy lifestyle.


I hope you enjoy the journey


WEIGH IN - 166 Original 168 (also on my period hopefully that the extra weight) Goal 138
Original bust - 37.75 now - 37.25
Belly Button - 37.00 now - 36 - Goal 32
Waist - 39.00 now - 38.25 - nice! Goal 34
Hips - 42.50 now - 42.50 - I like big butts and I cannot lie
Thigh - 21.50 now - 22 -ok it use to be back in the day much much larger
Calf - 16.25 now - 16.50 - I'm starting to wear heels for a couple reasons... this is one
Bicep - 13.25 now 13.25

No comments: