Monday, November 26, 2007

Pumpkin Cookies



I've been in a Pumpkin Craze. I usually make about 10-15 pumpkin rolls during the Thanksgiving season and about 30-40 during the Christmas season. Well the order for pumpkin rolls this Thanksgiving were lacking and I only had about 5 and a 5lb container of pure pumpkin. What to do, what to do? I've been wanting to find the perfect pumpkin cookie and long and behold I found it with a little tweaking. I tweak all recipes, don't know why just do.

Old Fashion Pumpkin Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.

COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking power, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Now it calls for drizzle topping. I wanted to cut back and make this a little more Weight Watchers friendly, so no drizzle was made. I did however add fig to the third batch after placing them on the cookie sheet. (fig complements of D and the Organic farm) And in the last batch I used about 3/4's cup raisins. I believe the raisins were my favorite.

Do you have any great pumpkin recipes???

No comments: